Introducing Our 2024 Theme
To be announced at the launch night 24th Feb at the Conservative club.
DON’T FORGET TO SAVE THE DATE
Carnival Weekend Friday 19th, Saturday 20th, Sunday 21st July 2024 at the Rec
Our volunteers are getting really excited about our approaching 2023 Wareham summer Carnival.
Our theme this year is ‘Wareham Rocks‘……Interpret how you want. Diamonds, Quarry men, Music, Flintstones, Dinosaurs the ideas just keep flowing.
As well as our well attended Procession day on the 23rd July, we will holding our iconic Duck races, Safari supper Quiz night and a History walk around the Saxon walls of our Market town. In addition to these fund raising events we will be having a music night on the rec on Friday 21st July and family picnic on the Saturday 22nd.
I just ask for two things in exchange and they are:
(1) Sponsors to help us fund these activities so we can offer more to local charities and
(2) Volunteers to help run these events to whatever capabilities you wish to commit to. It’s a great way to get out the house and meet some like-minded people.
On a final note, I would like to thank all my fellow volunteers for the support they give towards these events, which are so vital to bringing fun and stress relief to so many.
See you all soon
AT THE HEART OF YOUR COMMUNITY
Christmas Lights & Parade:
Wareham Christmas Lights Parade:
Wareham BeerEx website:
In 2022, Wareham Carnival gave away £3000.
- £250 to the Rainbows, Cubs, Scouts, Guides and Youth club.
- £500 to Leo Lowry and Ali Campbell Trust,
- £300 Primetime nursery,
- £100 Muddlecombe Men and Ross Hooper,
- £250 Dorset Search and Rescue.
A big thank you to Joyce who recently hand made 25 metres of bunting, which now adorns the town for the Kings Coronation along with the Wareham Carnival.